Kiana Romeo is a multimedia artist born and raised in the heart of Toronto. She enjoys creating digital works through a variety of means including illustration, graphic design and Processing/ P5.js. She has recently graduated from OCAD University's Digital Futures program.
By exploring the concepts of identity and belonging, Kiana Romeo often uses her works as a way of promoting inclusivity and diversity in different mediums. Her current projects protest-sos and BLACKBOARD aim to aid her fellow Black people in their fight for civil rights and creating safe spaces for them to be creative in.
Projects and Awards
- Ted Rogers Scholarship Fund, 2017
- The Margaret Craig Eaton Dunn '29 Award, 2017
- Andre N. Beaulieu Bursary for Young Visual Artists
- Bachelor of Design, Digital Futures, OCAD University, 2017- 2021
- International Baccalaureate Diploma, Branksome Hall, 2013-2017